Position: DB2 Database Administrator - Local Candidates Only
Location: Atlanta GA
Duration: 7+ Months
Our Direct Client is seeking an experienced, full-time, on-site, dedicated Candidate, with skills and expertise as described in below requirement.
• Partner with other Database Administrators in support of database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
• Support Application Developers in designing, implementing and testing database changes to support our business applications.
• Support Systems Administrators during patching of operating systems.
• Maintain multiple DB2 LUW environments, such as Development, QA and Production.
• Set up new databases and perform database maintenance.
• Partner with other Database Administrators during installation, configuration, software upgrade and updates to maintain client environments.
• Partner with other Database Administrators in development, setting up and managing automated backups.
• Performance tuning and database optimization.
• Set up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, patches, backup reports, status reports and performance monitoring.
• Perform appropriate Change Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
• Perform appropriate Incident/Problem Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
• Report progress on a weekly basis of status on all assigned work tasks in a written report.
• Ability to work during non-business hours including weekends and holidays, as needed.
Experience as a Database Administrator - Required 5 Years
Experience with SQL - Required 5 Years
Experience as a Database Administrator on DB2 LUW - Required 3 Years
Experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux (RHEL) - Required 2 Years
Experience with IBM's QMF or similar tool - Required 1 Years
Experience with Microsoft's Outlook, SharePoint, EXCEL and WORD - Required 1 Years
Experience with Unix shell scripts, such as ksh, csh, bash or sh - Required 1 Years
Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl or Python - Required 1 Years
Experience with DB2 LUW 11.1 or higher - Highly desired 1 Years
Experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 7 or higher - Highly desired 1 Years
Experience with Quest's Toad for DB2 LUW - Desired 1 Years
Experience with DBI's Software Performance Suite for DB2 LUW - Desired 1 Years
Experience with Erwin's Data Modeler - Desired 1 Years
Experience with programming languages, such as COBOL and/or Java - Highly desired 1 Years
Experience with file transfer protocols, such as FTP or SFTP - Desired 1 Years
Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools, such as Informatica's Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) or Microsoft's SSIS - Desired 1 Years
Experience with MySQL, SQL Server or Teradata - Desired 1 Years
Experience with Local, State or Federal government - Desired 1 Years