Position: Software Test Analyst
Location: Lansing MI
Duration: 8+ Months
Our Direct Client is seeking an experienced, full-time, on-site, dedicated Candidate, with skills and expertise as described in below requirement.
- Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently. Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.
- Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.
- Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
- Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.
- Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
- Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Will use Microsoft Test Manager or Microsoft Azure Dev Ops to document and report on testing defects.
- Software Defect Tracking, and Metric base reporting - Required 7 Years
- Design/Develop/Execute Test Plans and Cases, in alignment to reviewed and approved User Story Acceptance Criteria - Required 5 Years
- Design/Develop/Execute Test Plans and Cases, in alignment with Customer approved Test Strategy - Required 7 Years
- Creation and Review of Project Test Documentation in alignment with Software Industry Standards - Required 5 Years
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development Environment - Required 5 Years
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure DevOps or Teams Foundational Server - Required 3 Years
- Using MSSQL to develop and run scripts to perform data verification - Desired 5 Years