Senior Business Analyst
Saint Paul, MN
Our Direct Client is seeking an experienced, full-time, on-site, dedicated Candidate, with skills and expertise as described in below requirement.
Client seeks a Project Manager to provide expert support in Microsoft Project and Office 365 for the Client Project. The Project Manager position will specifically focus on developing and refining project planning and scheduling to increase efficiency and accuracy within the Project Management Office.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
• Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate
• Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements
• Identify the current- and future-state business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
• Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
• Scope and estimate large, enterprise projects, including researching and recommending appropriate software solutions to meet the needs of the business; analyze business activities and present the findings for analysis of solutions to purchase, implement, or develop.
• Identify the estimated costs of the project including labor, hardware and software. Estimate the duration of the project along with determining which resources will be needed and the level of effort for those resources
• Provide business/systems analysis and related written project documentation (includes but is not limited to all or portions of: Business Case, Scope, Business Requirements Summary, Use Cases, Business Requirement Specifications, Supplementary Requirements Specifications, Requirements Traceability, Diagrams and Models, User Stories, Work Breakdown Structure, User Acceptance Test Cases etc. dependent on specific project)
• Participate in requirements prioritization and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders
• Analyze and document business requirements and required data to deliver work products throughout the project life cycle
• Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers
• Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended
• Work with the product manager or project sponsor to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope
• Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents and work products derived from those documents to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
• Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project
• Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
• Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis
• Propose new product features and updates
• Provide knowledge transfer
• One (1) Engagement lasting more than six (6) months assist in the requirements gathering for solicitation documents such as Request for Proposals and Statements of Work
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months scoping and estimating projects over $300,000, including researching and recommending appropriate software solutions to meet the needs of the business; analyzing business activities and presenting the findings for analysis of solutions to purchase, implement, or develop
• Two (2) engagements lasting more than six (6) months identifying the estimated costs of the project including labor, hardware and software. Estimating the duration of the project along with determining which resources will be needed and the level of effort for those resources
• Experience with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Lead BA experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Services
• Business Analyst Certification (IIBA certification or equivalent)
• Scrum Master Certification.
• Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally, present complex information to users in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non-technical stakeholders.
• Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and work independently, define problems as they arise, and recommend alternative solutions.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills in problem definition, information gathering and research, alternatives analysis, applying creative solutions to unique and/or immediate problems, and appropriate resolution implementation.
• Ability to work with a diverse team, resolve interpersonal conflict, motivate and develop team members, and influence stakeholders and key decision-makers.
• Experience with technologies that span the complete spectrum of IT systems, solutions and processes to support, and enhance foundation infrastructure, services, business systems and enterprise software applications.
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills for teams on large projects
• At least one engagement lasting more than 6 months, using Agile
• At least 2 engagements lasting more than 6 months, leading requirements gathering sessions to analyze, define and document business processes, software requirements, data management systems, interface specifications and development of specifications for technology initiatives.