Senior Project Manager
Saint Paul, MN
Our Direct Client is seeking an experienced, full-time, on-site, dedicated Candidate, with skills and expertise as described in below requirement.
• Work with the business sponsor and project team members to manage and account for accomplishing the project’s stated objectives, providing strategic leadership with a focus on outcomes.
• Identify clear and attainable project objectives, assist with building the project requirements, and manage the triple constraint for projects, which is cost, time, and scope.
• Drive for results and accountability of business needs.
• Leverage strong Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate, and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
• Be decisive in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities.
• Support the Business Analyst with alternatives analysis, and prepare and deliver recommendations to project leadership for the Client Registry implementation and the Seed to Sale initiative.
• Work closely with business stakeholders and the Business Analyst to manage the delivery of future state business needs (i.e., workflows, requirements, test scenarios, etc).
• Create operations and maintenance plan for Client Registry.
• In partnership with the vendor project manager, provide a project plan with milestones for completion of all major tasks as an output from the discovery phase.
• Create a risk register and issues log to be maintained throughout the project.
• Conduct weekly (or more frequent) check-in meetings with the business sponsor and project team members to provide updates on the project plan and discuss any issues and/or ideas that may positively or negatively impact the deliverables.
• Provide Project Integration Management (Project plan development, execution, and change control).
• Provide Project Scope Management (Project initiation, scope planning, scope definition) as required or directed.
• Provide Project Time Management (Schedule development and control).
• Provide Project Quality Control (Quality Planning, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control) as required or directed.
• Provide Project Communications Management (Communications planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and project status).
• Provide Project Risk Management (Risk Identification, risk quantification, risk response development, and risk response control).
• Provide Project Vendor Management (contract implementation and monitoring in partnership with the Client Procurement Manager).
• Serve as a strong leader providing advice and assistance and reviewing the work of Client, the Client business and vendor staff comprising the project team as required or directed.
• Provide knowledge transfer to State staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Seven (7) years of experience in Program/Project management role(s).
• Four (4) years of experience as a Senior Project Manager.
• Three (3) years of project management experience with full product lifecycle.
• One (1) year of combined experience with gathering and documenting business requirements.
• PMP certification through PMI.
• Experience as a Project Manager for multi-year enterprise category project(s).
• Experience working in a government or non-profit environment.
• Experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
• At least an intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and/or Senior Leadership.
• Experience managing software development project(s) using the Agile Methodology.
• At least an intermediate level of proficiency with Jira and MS Teams.
• Experience with creating procurement documents and contract initiation and management.
• Experience with custom developed systems, COTS, and SaaS solutions.