Senior Java Developer
Our Direct Client is seeking an experienced, full-time, on-site, dedicated Candidate, with skills and expertise as described in below requirement.
The Java Developer will provide development and technical analyst services for the mandated enhancements of the Client system. This position will provide technical analyst of the requirement, define the design approach, develop code, unit test the code and provide support during test cycle and post production support.
The workers responsibilities and skills must include:
• Design, develop and configure custom solutions in the existing Client architecture and framework.
• Design, create and maintain users, roles, security settings, profiles, workflows, workflow rules, and assignment rules.
• Develop an architectural approach to meet key business objectives.
• Execute unit tests.
• Translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications and perform the build activities to deliver a solution from the design stage to a functional application.
• Utilize analysis and diagramming tools to represent business processes.
• Coach and mentor peers and emerging members of the team and participate in code reviews to ensure development quality.
• Java certification preferred
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED Skills and experience:
Experience communicating with non-technical stakeholders to understand business needs. (Required - 8 years)
Strong verbal and written skills in communicating with peers and different levels of users. (Required - 8 years)
Strong background in Java, J2EE, JSF, Spring, and Hibernate. (Required - 8 years)
Skilled in developing custom Java apps (Required - 8 years)
Skilled with Database query languages (SQL, PL/SQL) (Required - 8 years)
Strong skill performing unit testing. (Required - 8 years)
Experience using IDEs such as MyEclipse or IntelliJ. (Required - 4 years)
Experience performing and/or coordinating peer reviews. (Required - 4 years)
Experience with functional testing of code changes in Integration environments. (Required - 4 years)
Skilled in Oracle 11g or higher, Junit Framework, Free Marker API, JMeter (Required - 4 years)
Skilled in creating web services (Required - 4 years)
Skilled in meeting web accessibility standard WCAG 2.0 (Required - 2 years)
Experience working on projects utilizing agile project management methodologies (Required - 1 years)
Experience with Easy Rules, slf4j and logback for Java. (Preferred - 2 years)
Experience with Health and Human services (Preferred - 1 years)
Experience with regulatory systems (Preferred - 1 years)
Experience with CLASS, CLASSmate and/or Public & Provider system at HHSC (Preferred - 1 years)
Java certification (Preferred - 1 years)